Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

1998 Town Car Wandering. I have replaced upper and lower…

Customer Question
1998 Town Car Wandering...

1998 Town Car Wandering. I have replaced upper and lower ball joints, inner and outer tirod ends, pitman arm, idler arm, new tires, alignment good, steering gear, control arm bushings good, rear bushings all good. I did convert from air springs in the rear to coil springs.

Mechanic's Assistant: How old are the tires? And have they been a problem in the past?

Tires at 3 mo old at the most.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Town Car yourself? What have you tried so far?

It is mixed I am doing what work I can and a repair shop doing the rest. and please see original question above.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Lincoln
3/10/2018
Lincoln Mechanic: john aka eauto, The Car Guy replied 4 months ago
john aka eauto
john aka eauto, The Car Guy

Hi . Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.
Frt or rear ?

1998

Do you think the front end or rear end is wandering?

It is in the steering. On the front. You can see what we have done in my original question at the top.

Do you have the alignment printout?

No

Did they give you a detailed printout when it was aligned?

No they did not. The Alignment was checked twice. by two different shops. Once before because that is why I had all the work done. And then again after the work was done. Both times they said it was spot on and the alignment was not causing the problem. After all the work was done it still was wandering and they thought it may be in the steering gear so I changed it out and still the same? The only thing that has not been changed out that has anything to do with the steering is the pump.

I would look at the rear watts links...the bushings tend to fail

Like I responded before. That was checked also..

Something is loose....or a bad tire .One or the other... have a Lincoln ford shop check it....if the rear links have not been changed they should be done