Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My 2004 Towncar driver's seat is broken and won't move. I…

Customer Question
My 2004 Towncar driver's...

My 2004 Towncar driver's seat is broken and won't move. I can't get to the rear bolts to remove the seat. How can I manually move the seat to get to the bolts?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '04 Lincoln?

Towncar Ultimate

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. Tried to take seat out but can't get to rear bolts. I need to adjust seat forward manually.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Lincoln
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/9/2018
Lincoln Mechanic: tims auto repair, Mechanic replied 4 months ago
tims auto repair

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.
I will do my best to assist you.

you cant really move it maually..

what you need to do here is ,,if you cant move the seat to get to the bolts..

use a grinder to cut off the bolts from underneath..then use new bolts to install your new seat

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there. please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER ,Chrome or Firefox.]

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wh51zy56jms2net/0309-towncar-FRONT%20SEAT.doc?dl=0

.

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

thanks

.

www.dropbox.com/s/wh51zy56jms2net/0309-towncar-FRONT%20SEAT.doc?dl=0

.

I have the seat out. It is locked in the extreme rear position. Any hints on how to unlock it and repair?

this may help

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zuwhndp4bt4i4i0/0310-towncar-FRONT%20SEAT%20TRACK%20MOTOR.doc?dl=0

.

thanks

.

www.dropbox.com/s/zuwhndp4bt4i4i0/0310-towncar-FRONT%20SEAT%20TRACK%20MOTOR.doc?dl=0

.