Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My 2011linclon mkx backup camera quit working again..dealer…

My 2011linclon mkx...

My 2011linclon mkx backup camera quit working again..dealer installed up grade worked for 2 days and went dead...they want to replace the camera what do you think?

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this an aftermarket camera, or did it come with the vehicle?

Came with the vehicle

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your MKX?

2011

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your MKX yourself? What have you tried so far?

All the work has been done at the dealer

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The range finder works but the screen is black....message comes up see the dealer

3/8/2018
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

More than likely it is the camera that is bad, that is the most common fix for this scenario. WOuld you like the Ford diagnostic steps?

no thanks but the new camera part # IS BA1Z-19G490-B DEALER # ALL CAMERAS ON LINE HAVE A DIFFERENT FIRST FOUR LETTERS ALL THE REST ARE THE SAME...WHAT DOES THE FIRST 4 LETTERS INDICATE

Ford part numbers are

BA1Z The year, make, model

19G490 The part number

B The batch it was made in, to track defects and recalls

You now will see a rating scale 1=bad to-5=excellent because I have posted a full or partial answer instead of an info request. When you rate I get a portion of the deposit you made, no rating means you still paid, but I earn nothing. My goal is understanding your question, and addressing it in full detail. In return, receiving a 5-star rating. Rating does not close the post or stop the conversation. Please keep in contact and reply as much as needed. Thanks, Chris

THANKS FOR THE INFO WILL BUY A NEW CAMERA ON LINE ''''' FORD DEALER WANTS $714 +TAX HERE

You are welcome

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician