Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My 2016 MKZ has a black screen. No radio, no back I camera…

Customer Question
My 2016 MKZ has...

My 2016 MKZ has a black screen. No radio, no back I camera etc...no warning just suddenly.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this an aftermarket stereo, or did it come with the car?

Came with the car

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your MKZ yourself? What have you tried so far?

No. Just wondering if I could do something to make it reboot or something. When I got in the car the Lincoln symbol was displayed but one I started the engine the screen went back...thought I might’ve inadvertently done something...I’ve only had this car for 4 months so I don’t know a lot still.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that’s it for now thanks

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Lincoln
3/8/2018
Lincoln Mechanic: Scott W., Technician replied 4 months ago
Scott W.
Scott W., Technician

H​ello my name is ***** ***** most common cause of the blank screen is the APIM module goes bad, this can be confirmed by testing the APIM with a scan tool doing a hardware test. It could also be the FCIM module, but we have done a lot of APIMS just for this concern. The APIM module runs function such as SYNC system. You can try disconnecting the battery for 15 minutes and recheck, sometimes this works but not all the time. Some vehicles had some extended warranty for these modules, if you get me your VIN I can check this for you, thanks Scott.