Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2004 Lincoln LS Sport. The head gasket was just…

Customer Question
I have a 2004...

I have a 2004 Lincoln LS Sport. The head gasket was just replaced, new radiator, new overflow container, new thermostat, and thermostat housing. And bled the system correctly. Still overheating.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant? Have you checked for a leak in the cooling system?

Yes. Yes, nothing found by mechanic.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your LS yourself? What have you tried so far?

Combination. Head gasket and bleeding done by mechanic. Radiator, recover and tstat replaced by me.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Our mechanic is at a loss as to why it is still overheating.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Lincoln
3/7/2018
Lincoln Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 5 months ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you, Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you.

Has anyone replaced the pressure cap?

when the engine is running and up to temp, does the upper radiator hose and the lower radiator hose get equally hot?

on the cap. Will have to check on the second question. Will send answer.

ok. thanks

hows it going?