Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Airbag light is on. Which one is the latch. 2008 lincoln…

Airbag light is on ...

Airbag light is on

Mechanic's Assistant: Is anything interfering with the seatbelt latch?

Which one is the latch

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Lincoln?

2008 lincoln town car

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Town Car yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing yet

3/7/2018
Mike V.
Mike V., Technician

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

The latch is the side you put the seat belt into.

It's difficult to tell what's going on without a code. This is because the system has so many parts. The air bags, the computer, all the wiring and the sensors can all cause the light to come on. Most parts stores can't read the airbag codes for you.

The car is still safe to drive, but the airbag won't go off if you are in an accident.

Sadly, the best method to save money when the light is on is to have the codes read and then replace the failed part yourself.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, you do when you rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings. Your question does not close after you rate. You will still be able to contact me by replying to this post.
Thank you so much!

12 2
It blink 12 times then two times

this code points to an issue with the passenger side crash zone sensor.

Stand by and I will see if I can come up with a diagram of it's location for you.

Thank you

You're very welcome, it's mounted in the B pillar under the seat belt retractor.

I am sending a diagram to help you locate it.

You have to make sure you depower the airbag system so HERE is a link for that as well.

Please let me know if there is more I can do to help and kindly remember to rate my answer.

Thank you very much!

Do I have to replace the part?

Yes, if you replace it and the light returns the same code, then you will have to have it properly scanned and diagnosed. In case it's a wiring problem. These work off resistance so you can't really do anything to the wiring harness without risking the bags going off.

Do you have any more questions?

is there a reset on it any where
What’s the name of this part

There isn't a reset, when you make the repair it will reset itself, this part is the passenger side crash zone sensor. You may also find it being called an impact sensor.

Ok thank you

You are very welcome!
Also, kindly remember to rate my answer.
Thank you so much!!

Mike V.
Mike V., Technician