Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My Lincoln LS 3.9 starts right up, runs too fast, then dies…

My Lincoln LS 3.9...

My Lincoln LS 3.9 starts right up, runs too fast, then dies out and nothing, then will start right back up again

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your LS?

2000

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your LS yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Have tried to set the throttle body screw adjustment back and cant. Have checked all vacuums, and o.k.

2/16/2018
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you ,I will Try to Help you with This Issue

Did you move that screw already ,or you could not , there is no manual adjustment on it ,it is computer controlled ?

you must have a check engine light on ,if you do ,did you scan it for fault codes ?

If you do not mind me asking are you looking for the most possible causes and taking it to a repair shop or you are repairing it yourself and you need step by step instructions
Please Let Me Know
Thank You
Chad Farhat

Try to repair it myself
Check engine light is on.Did not scan, can not do that.

Sounds we have a vacuum leak or tb body issue , how about cleaning the tb body for carbon build up on the plate and is getting stuck ,

you can try that ,get a can cleaner from local parts store

also get some starting fluid and spray around intake and vacuum lines on cold engine so we want cause a fire and see if engine rpm surges up when you spray,

now-days if you have advance auto ,auro zone oreilly they will scan it for free and give you fault codes

Click on link to view the pdf file showing you the tb body

Can you see the link

TPS sensor also common on them,

click on link to view location

get it scanned for Fault codes i based on these faults we can pull up a Pin Point Troubleshoot and be Accurate ,If you get the Faults Read ,post them back here for me and I can Help You Further on it & we be Accurate

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May receive My my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You?Chad Farhat?ASE Certified Technician

Chad Farhat
Please credit my card, as I did not receive a proper answer
Attention: I do not want to join your network, so do not charge my card on a monthly basis

Sir i do not handle access to billing , this is customer service link for you refund .click below

and the answer i gave you is correct , if you looking for a magical one that can fix it now ,is not possible sorry

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help