Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I am reviewing your instructions for removing the dashboard…

I am reviewing your instructions...
I am reviewing your instructions for removing the dashboard from my 1998 Lincoln town car how much more is involved in removing the heater box to replace a broken blend door
2/14/2018
Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

The heater box does not need to be removed to replace the blend door actuator. The instrument panel does, however, need to be removed and pulled back to access the actuator. It is mounted to the top side of the AC/Heater plenum. Do you need the steps to get this done?

I did not ask about replacing the blend door actuator! I asked about replacing the BLEND DOOR which does require removal of the heater box. Try again.....
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

Different expert here.

After removing the dash, then you will need to edrain the coolant and disconnect the heater core lines. At that point you will unbolt the heater housing and remove from the vehicle in order to split it apart to replace the door

It is a bit more indepth to get to the bolts, so if you can give me a couple of minutes I can upload the procedure

please upload this instructions I would appreciate it

HI,

Ok, directions are too large a file for here, so I have uploaded them as a pdf file to a free file sharer. The directions do include how to take apart the housing and replace the door in addition to removing the housing from the vehicle once the dash is out. Copy and paste the link below to your browser to go to it and download.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/c511a3939oh7x68/Removal_and_Installation_%28Heater_Core_Case%29_-.pdf

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please remember to rate service using the separate pop up rating page. Thank you

Please note that your expert pays for requested directions out of pocket for your benefit. Failure to give a positive rating means that the expert will no longer be able to provide this service at substantial savings to you. Failure to give a positive rating will also result in immediate deletion of the file

The link has now been deleted due to failure to provide a positive rating. If you would like a new link, please provide a positive rating.

Ok, I assume you do not want me to post a new link to the directions at this point. Again, I pay out of pocket for these directions. Without your positive rating, I receive no credit/compensation, therefore, I do not give them away for free.

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
I am happy to have you provide the download and I will provide positive feedback and be happy to pay for your service

here is the link

http://www.mediafire.com/file/e4f9cjodd3mf6b3/Removal_and_Installation_%28Heater_Core_Case%29_-.pdf

Thank you very much Eric this is most helpful

you are welcome