Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Lincoln

I have a 2007 Navigator built late in 2006. The last 8 of…

I have a 2007 Navigator...
I have a 2007 Navigator built late in 2006. The last 8 of the vin are 7LJO 0124. I am having 2 problems.
1. My driver's door window is inoperative. I have tested the switch and wiring harness to the door motor. I get voltage at the connector to the box above the window motor both in the up and down direction. The motor does not work. When I remove the black box and apply voltage directly to the motor, the motor works.
So I assumed the electronics in the box were bad.
The original motor part number is *****(###) ###-####, This has been replaced by AL7Z(###) ###-####. When I went to by the replacement motor it was missing the black box with the electronics. There were no original motors locally so I ordered a doorman 742-178. It came in and doesn't work. I have also examined the pins in the harness and they seem fine. I have also attempted to do the re-calibration routine and this does nothing?
HELP! :)
Question 2
My ABS light is on. Nothing obvious. Previously it would flash every know and then and that is it. I had it scanned and we got a C1095, I asked them to clear it and it didn't clear right away. Funny the next day it went off for most of the day and is on again. How can I trouble shoot this with out taking everything apart? Your thoughts and fix please.
1/18/2018
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

1095 means ABS Hydraulic Pump Motor Circuit Failure

Here is how to diagnose and fix it right the first time. https://www.dropbox.com/s/iyo06o9djd1gcwj/1095.pdf?dl=0

Key on, at the driver's window motor, check these wires for me:

red power

blue power

black ground

yellow/violet and blue/gray. When commanding up is one power and one ground, then pressing down is one powered and one ground just opposite of the other test?

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5-star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you for the routine on the abs, unfortunately, I do not have all of the ford diagnostic tools. As for the door as I detailed earlier the power to the harness seems to be working properly. I'm using a trouble light, do you need me to measure exact voltages?

If all the readings for the window motor connector are good then the window motor would be moving from the commands sent by the switch. You may need to double check all your tests.

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
is it logical then that both the original motor and replacement motor have failed? How does the new style motor function with out the electronics? I probably am going to need to pick up a motor locally. Does the new style motor just plug n play with the harness or is there a special pig tail required? if so what is the part number?

The correct OEM Motorcraft motor should be plug and play and work correctly if you get all those readings I described.

You will just need to initialize it. https://www.dropbox.com/s/rhpy988ouh519mq/intialize.pdf?dl=0

Here are the wire diagrams if needed. https://www.dropbox.com/s/8wq9ivppxfon9sb/07navigator.pdf?dl=0

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you for these diagrams and the proceedure. This is making me crazy. This morning I tried both the old motor and the new motor in the right side. Both work. I went back to the drivers side plug and found that I do not have a ground at the plug, It appears as if when a remote start was installed an additional ground was added. Unfortunately even if I add a body ground to the black wire on the plug to the motor it does not work. What next?

The last thing you can do are the Ford steps here https://www.dropbox.com/s/jvakifslqumeyq9/07%20testC.pdf?dl=0

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok, I will try those.

Super

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No it's still not working. I need to get to it again today. Clearly based on testing and what you have provided , its a wiring issue, Thanks for your follow up and I will keep you apprised.

Keep in touch as needed

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician