Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

1999 Lincoln Continental Timing chain may have jumped time.

Customer Question
1999 Lincoln Continental Timing...

1999 Lincoln Continental Timing chain may have jumped time

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles on the car? How responsive has your car been lately?

156500

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Continental yourself? What have you tried so far?

The Mechanic said itoo long of story, but I spent $400.00, after two mechanic had it . to tell me this. Can a new chain or adjust timing fix it., or does it ruin engine, They want to put anothre engine in it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I am a used car dealer ,but not a repair man, car had been in the wrong shop. It had been taken care of and I have been keeping it up for 5 yrs.Is the engine usually bad when that , I have never seen a chain jumping timeand ruing engine

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Lincoln
1/18/2018
Lincoln Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 7 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

This is an interference engine. It can damage valves when out of time. You would notice misfiring and low compression. Are those the symptoms you are getting?

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5-star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Lincoln Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 6 months ago

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris