Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Lincoln

The tilt/telescoping steering wheel - the tilt function

The tilt/telescoping steering wheel...

The tilt/telescoping steering wheel - the tilt function works fine but the telescoping does not. Most likely failure?

Mechanic's Assistant: How has the car been driving lately?

Absolutely - this is a 1997 Lincoln Mk VIII by the way with 78K miles

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '97 Lincoln?

Mk VIII LSC

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing so far - I adjusted the seat to match a comfortable position with the steering wheel

1/18/2018
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Faulty switch contacts are the 3! thing I find wrong. If you can do electrical testing I can help more than just most likely type answers.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5-star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you - that was my initial assessment as well.

You are welcome

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician