Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I followed directions to reset my steering wheel locket that…

I followed directions to...

I followed directions to reset my steering wheel locket that the security light was flashing. Pulled fuse 27, and reinstalled after freeing steering wheel and vehicle will still not start. Secuirty light is now flashing rapidly

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light flash, blink or stay solid? Have you tried to reset the security system?

Blinks, I only followed directions to pull fuse 27 and reinstall it

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Lincoln?

2009 mkc

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your MKC yourself? What have you tried so far?

Mkx

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
1/17/2018
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Technician

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** I am currently a factory dealer auto mechanic. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

Unfortunately if the theft light is blinking rapidly then the vehicle is not seeing the key in the ignition. Which means either the key is no good, or the vehicle lost the key program. Do you have another key to try? And did you verify fuse 27 is installed correctly and one of the blades did not miss the terminal.

Customer Satisfaction is my #1 goal!

1. I am a FACTORY DEALER auto mechanic and also answer questions here on Just Answer.

2. When you are pleased or happy with my assistance or efforts to help you, at the top of the screen please rate me by clicking on the stars.

3. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to ask follow up questions.

Thank you for using Just Answer and allowing my to assist you!

Fuse is in properly. Is is possible an incorrect code entered on the exterior door keypad locked the system?

It will not do that. I have personally entered the wrong code several times on Lincolns and it does not do anything with the anti-theft. Have you checked all other fuses inside and under the hood?

Customer Satisfaction is my #1 goal!

No I have not checked all other fuses. Will a low battery or buildup on terminals cause this

Not so much terminals. But a low battery will. Try a jump pack or jump start if you can.

Customer Satisfaction is my #1 goal!

Same result when jumping...engine does not even attempt to start and security light flashing rapidly when key is turned on

Ok. The engine will not start with the theft light blinking. You need to check ALL the fuses, just in case. If they are good, you need to attempt to have the keys reprogrammed by a dealer or a mobile locksmith.

Customer Satisfaction is my #1 goal!

Ok

Try those things and you can let me know. Also note that even after rating my response time with the stars above, this chat will still continue to remain open so you can bookmark this page and come back and let me know results or ask more questions. Thanks.

Customer Satisfaction is my #1 goal!

Have you made any progress with your vehicle?

Customer Satisfaction is my #1 goal!

Just picked it up from the dealer. Key went bad.

Ok. When the theft light blinks usually a key is bad or a fuse has failed. Please take a moment to rate my assistance with the stars above then. Thank you.

Customer Satisfaction is my #1 goal!

EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Technician