Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My 97 linc town car while parked dumped all air i started…

Customer Question
My 97 linc...

My 97 linc town car while parked dumped all air i started the car the unit pumped up in a few minutes the car now has been parked for 7 days and is sitting at the same height that it should be if each bag has a solenoid if one solenoid was bad would that make only one side to leak down now if i under stand you the compressor has the control that determines if the unit should raise or lower and if so Ineed a new comp

Mechanic's Assistant: How old are the hoses? And what driving conditions do you most often encounter?

Original all fla inside storage 101405 miles

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Town Car yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am mechanical inc but only heavy truck air systems

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

My experience talking to other people when they take their car i the first thing they say you need new air bags big bucks

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Lincoln
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/17/2018
Lincoln Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 7 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you ,I will Try to Help you with This Issue

is the car level now ?

If you do not mind me asking are you looking for the most possible causes and taking it to a repair shop or you are repairing it yourself and you need step by step instructions
Please Let Me Know
Thank You
Chad Farhat