Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner at Baltic investments
99232115

The cooling won’t shut off. 2010 mkx. I pulled the fuse

The cooling won’t shut off
JA: What is the model/year of your Lincoln?
Customer: 2010 mkx
JA: Are you fixing your MKX yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I pulled the fuse
JA: Have you checked the vehicle's manual yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Have you checked the coolant level yet?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No but it was checked on my last oil change 2 weeks ago

ok so it needs to be checked again, 2weeks is a lot of time for something to happen

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Coolant level is within the lines. It is 14 degrees here today

Ok try a vehicle reset by pulling negative battery cable then positive touch both cable ends together for 1 min and then wait 15 more install positive then negative and start car.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Do I reinstall the cooling fan fuse before starting the car?

yes

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
That seems to have fixed the problem, thanks.

great!

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if you want to discuss this further. And please take a moment and kindly click a positive rating (preferably 5 Star/Excellent) to credit for the time & effort put by me in answering your automotive question, and this is the only way I will be credited for my service to you. Rating me now does not close your question and if you have follow-up or additional questions you can ask them after the rating too! Also if you would like further assistance in the future you can favorite me as well.
Assuring you the best services!
Kind Regards!
Shawn ASE Technician