Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My trunk lid will not operate when attempting to open it…

Customer Question
My trunk lid will...

My trunk lid will not operate when attempting to open it automatically. door button will not operate!

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tried silicone spray or WD-40?

No, the problem appears to be related to the latch system or the eiectricai

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2008 Lincoln town car.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Town Car yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, I haven't been able to determine where the problem is. it could be the button switch or something related to the latch.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The trunk lid operates with the key, but not automatically.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Lincoln
1/16/2018
Lincoln Mechanic: A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE replied 7 months ago
A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE

Does the trunk open with the key, just not with the button inside or on the remote?

the trunk opens with the key and not with the button
the trunk opens with the key and not with button on the inside of the door.

Do you have the power pull down trunk lid or just the power release?

I have the power pull down trunk lid. it also opens when I push the button. the trunk lid will go up automatically.
my answer will be yes!

Check fuse #49 in the engine bay fuse box.

Then check fuses #8 and #19 in the dash fuse box.

#40 and #19 have 12 volts constantly.

Fuse #8 only has power with the key turned on