Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Lincoln

A grommet is stripped in the intake manifold of a 2000

A grommet is stripped...

A grommet is stripped in the intake manifold of a 2000 Lincoln towncar making it impossible to tighten fuelrail

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

Starts fine

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '00 Lincoln?

Signature series towncar

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Replaced the intake everything is good except rear drivers size fuel rail bolt won't tighten because the grommet in the plastic is free spinning

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not really just need to know if there's a way to fix the grommet

1/16/2018
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

The correct answer is to replace the intake manifold. Another option which may work is to drill in beside the brass grommet so the bit goes half into the grommet and half into the intake about 1/4 inch deep. Do this 3 times. Then pack the holes with 24 hour JB weld. After 24 hours tap the grommet so the bolt will go in freely then reassemble.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5-star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician