Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Lincoln

My 2011 lincoln mkx shut down whiles driving and low engine…

My 2011 lincoln mkx...

My 2011 lincoln mkx shut down whiles driving and low engine oil pressure light showed up and car wont start again

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the oil? How old is your oil pump?

Oil is a little up the gauge and I changed it just a few months ago 5w 20

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your MKX yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just wanted to have an idea what the the problem is

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Before this problem came the car was shaking when you speed above 40 and check engine light start to blink

Answered in 1 minute by:
1/16/2018
Mike V.
Mike V., Technician

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

Usually when the check engine light is flashing it points to a problem with one or more of the ignition coils misfiring. If it's got low oil pressure, it's possible the computer is preventing the engine from starting. The first thing you need to do is check the engine oil level. If it's low then top it off.

If the oil level is good, it's possible the oil pressure sensor is no good. If this is the case, you will have the same issue, it won't start because the computer thinks the oil pressure is low.

Start by checking the oil level, if it's good, then I would put a code reader on it to see what was causing the misfire and how many cylinders are misfiring. If there is more then one it could be keeping the car from starting as well.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, so please rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings. Your question does not close after you rate. You will still be able to contact me.
Thank you so much!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I want to know if the sensor for the ford edge is the same as the lincoln mkx

What size engine in the edge and what year is it?

Mike V.
Mike V., Technician

I can check this for you with the info on the edge.

Thank you for the rating!

Mike V.
Mike V.
Mike V., Technician