Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2011 MKX ...the center console doesn't work. Totally black.

Customer Question
2011 MKX ...the center...

2011 MKX ...the center console doesn't work. Totally black. Occasionally starts for 2-5 seconds then goes to black. I can control the radio and climate from the steering wheel. Navigation, heated seats and steering wheel and back up camera don't work. What should I do?

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this an aftermarket camera, or did it come with the vehicle?

Came with the vehicle

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your MKX yourself? What have you tried so far?

No i have not tried to fix myself. Took to dealer (sees Lincoln in Ann Arbor MI)...they said that there was a part that had been recalled and needed to be replaced but that my car was out of warranty so they couldn't replace for free. Said is would cost $1200 or so. So Im kind of stuck. I'm not a DIY car person. need guidance

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Is it something that a non-car person like me could fix? ls there a good local mechanic that has reasonable prices? Can I get the heated seats/steering wheel turned on without the center console? Back up cam? thanks!

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Lincoln
1/15/2018
Lincoln Mechanic: EricFromCT, Technician replied 7 months ago
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Technician

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** I am currently a factory dealer auto mechanic. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

What the most common cause for your concern of issues with the display and reverse camera, is the APIM module. It is essentially the main module used for controlling the SYNC system and the audio system and the input jacks and usb ports.

The module is not difficult to change, but the problem is that the module does need to be programmed with the dealer scan tool to install all the functions of the SYNC and audio system that came with the car.

Customer Satisfaction is my #1 goal!

1. I am a FACTORY DEALER auto mechanic and also answer questions here on Just Answer.

2. When you are pleased or happy with my assistance or efforts to help you, at the top of the screen please rate me by clicking on the stars.

3. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to ask follow up questions.

Thank you for using Just Answer and allowing my to assist you!