Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

When I turn on my Lincoln town car (2004) it makes a

When I turn on...

When I turn on my Lincoln town car (2004) it makes a clicking sound similar to a turn signal under my steering wheel

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have power steering? Have you checked the power steering fluid?

It's fine

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Town Car?

2004

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Town Car yourself? What have you tried so far?

My mechanic replaced an electric unit under the steerin wheel

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It does not do it all the time. It usually stops clicking after I have been driving it for a few minutes

1/13/2018
roybelding
roybelding, Master Tech/Trainer

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

No problem
The clicking does not occur all the time.

ok, the most likely cause is an actuator for the mode doors whether it is for blend door or mode doors. when one of them fail, they make a ticking noise.

Roy

Can you tell me in plain English. What is an actuator? What is mode doors?
Are you going to help me anymore?

the actuator is a small electric motor that is controlled by the dash controls for heat and ac. they have plastic gears inside that strip and when they do, they make that ticking noise.

the mode door is the inside the heater unit and directs air wherever you command it from the heat and ac controls.

Please be patient. it takes time to type my response

Roy

How can I fix it?

you need to find out which one is making the noise and that is the one that needs to be replaced.

you said you had it to a shop. ask him to determine which one is the problem. once you know then let me know then I can give you replacement procedures.

Roy

Thank you. Can I have your e-mail so I can contact you after I take it to my mechanic?
We are finished for now. How can I talk to you again?

that is all blocked out by the site.

once you rate me, this stays open as long as you wish and locked to me. all you do is log back in and respond to this post and it will come to me.

Roy

OK No problem. We are done for now. Thank you. See you later!

your welcome

Please take a moment and rate my service 3 stars or better. that is the only way the site will pay me for my efforts.

Roy

According to my mechanic, what he says is the problem is not.

ok this is the guy that was guessing in the beginning of your post??

what does he think the problem is???

He does not know yet because every time he turns on my car it does not click. He says he will find out. Then I will tell you.
I will speak with you later. Do not charge me anymore money.

I have charged nothing. the site does.we only get paid when you accept our answers.

we only get a small portion of what the site charges you. by not accepting, that means you refuse to pay me for my help

Please wait until my mechanic can look at my car. He came by but the car did not click so until it does and he hears it, there is nothing he can do. I will get back with you on this. I am not dissatisfied by the mechanics answer, it may be correct but my mechanic, who put the electric box in, can not do anything until he hears something.

you fired me anyway with the negative rating

you have a great day

Roy

roybelding
roybelding, Master Tech/Trainer
Roy, please don't be this way. I am not mad at you and I should not of checked that box. It was wrong of me. If you can bring up that answer box again, I will check something else. Thank you.
roybelding
roybelding
roybelding, Master Tech/Trainer