Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

The power driver's seat will not raise or lower. It will…

The power driver's seat...

The power driver's seat will not raise or lower. It will move forward and backwards.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Lincoln?

2003 Aviator

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Aviator yourself? What have you tried so far?

I will be repairing it myself. I haven't tried anything yet.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I also have a blend door issue that is exactly as described in a previous post.

1/13/2018
Jaybird61
Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician
Hi my name is***** could have a bad switch or one of the power seat motors is bad. I can help you diagnose the problem if you have a test light or voltmeter
I have a test light and voltmeter. I can hear something move for a few seconds in the seat when I use the switch but it doesn't move.
If you hear the motor run but seat nor move then it is a bad seat track. You cannot get parts to repair but have to replace entire seat track assembly.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Jaybird61