Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2012 Lincoln MKX. First my rear view camera went…

Customer Question
I have a 2012...

I have a 2012 Lincoln MKX. First my rear view camera went out (with no warning). The warning sensors still work, but I get no video when I put it in R.

Mechanic's Assistant: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?

Then a couple of months ago I started hearing a crackling sound coming from the roof, like it's going to fly off...now I'm getting a very LOUD sound, like an electrical sound, that'll make you feel like you going to lose your hearing, Yes it comes on and goes off..and when it's doing that your only choice is to stop and turn off the car...nothing else will turn it off or down, Sometimes it turns off by itself...other times, not! What is going on...I've never had an accident!

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your MKX yourself? What have you tried so far?

I took off a small rectangular panel on the inside of the rear door, but I didn't see anything..like I was looking for a loose wire or harness connector.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Anything in the fuse

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Lincoln
1/12/2018
Lincoln Mechanic: Steve, Automotive Expert replied 4 months ago
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert

hi how can I help you with this? what was your specific question about your mkx?

I asked you several questions.1, why would my camera quit giving me video, but the sensors that giving me warning sounds that I'm too close to something. 2. My roof started making crackling sounds like the roof was going to fly off. 3. Electrical sounds, LOUD ,started coming from somewhere in the car, and can't be turned off by the radio...I can only stop it when I shut the car off...and sometimes it goes off and on, with no particular reason...Do you think these events are all related...what can I do and where do I look?
Lincoln Mechanic: Jay, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago
Jay
Jay, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

The back up Camera issue is most likely a Camera issue. The back up sensors is a totally different system. That is why they work still.

The sound from the sunroof, I have have seen the side panels next to the glass cause a noise. So I would start by having them checked.

The Electrical sounds, That really would be one of those things check in person. It could be a Sync issue, where a simple update could resolve it. But all of these items are not related.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How do I upgrade the software? Who would that and what would that would that cost?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can u answer me?

Sorry, I was out..

the Sync update could only be done by the dealer I am afraid.

Jay
Jay
Jay, ASE Certified Technician