Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

The secondary latch to open my hood will not release? But it…

Customer Question
The secondary latch to...

The secondary latch to open my hood will not release?

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you hear a thunk when you pull the lever?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Lincoln?

Yes, but it does not release far enough

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Lincoln?

2016

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I simply tries to leverage it the rest of the way but it will not budge

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I don't think so...

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Lincoln
1/11/2018
Lincoln Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

What model is your 2016 lincoln

I took it to a dealer. They are looking at now

ok sounds good, good luck with everything

Lincoln Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago

hows it going