Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Lincoln

I have a 2003 Lincoln town car my key fob does not work i…

Customer Question
i have a 2003 Lincoln...
i have a 2003 Lincoln town car my key fob does not work i replaced the battery didn't work bought a new key fob tried to program it that also wont work i believe it could be the bcm module the dealer said it would cost from 260 dollars to a 1000.dollars 2 hr min is the 260.dollars i cant afford that my car is vary clean with 85k on it recently i went on disability i have all the time to fix it i don't have the funds to take it to the dealer how do i trouble shoot it also my door ajar light went on and has stayed on while all doors are completely shut and looked could the two have something to do with one another?ive tried programing the key fob many different times the car just wont recognize the program what can i do to fix my issue?
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Lincoln
1/9/2018
Lincoln Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 1 month ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

2003 Lincoln Town Car V8-4.6L SOHC VIN W

Save Article

The perimeter alarm system consists of: ^ front door ajar switches (integral part of the latch assemblies) ^ rear door ajar switches (integral part of the latch assemblies) ^ underhood ajar switch (integral part of the latch assembly) ^ luggage compartment ajar switch (integral part of the latch assembly) ^ luggage compartment lid disarm switch, if equipped ^ driver door lock cylinder switch (integral part of latch assemblies) ^ Lighting Control Module (LCM) ^ Driver Door Module (DDM) ^ Intrusion Sensing Module (ISM), if equipped (For ISM removal and installation, refer to the Message Center Assembly removal and installation procedure in Instrument Panel, Gauges and Warning Indicators) ^ keyless entry remote transmitter ^ key-in ignition switch ^ ignition switch ^ Powertrain Control Module (PCM) ^ message center (OHC)

Save Article

Perimeter Alarm Protection Feature The following events occur when the perimeter alarm system is armed: ^ If the doors are locked with the keyless entry keypad or a keyless entry remote transmitters the Driver Door Module (DDM) communicates with the Lighting Control Module (LCM) through the SCP network to arm the perimeter alarm and interior scanning intrusion sensor system. ^ If the doors are locked with the driver door lock cylinder switch (inputs to the LCM), the LCM arms the perimeter alarm, but does not arm the intrusion sensing system. The LCM then transmits a SCP message to the DDM to lock all doors (referred to as central locking). ^ If the doors are locked using the driver or passenger power door lock switch, the DDM communicates with the LCM through the SCP network requesting perimeter alarm activation once all doors are closed. ^ 20 seconds after the last door is closed the arming sequence will be complete. ^ If a door, the hood, or luggage compartment lid is opened during the 20 second pre-arming period entry will not be armed. Once the door hood or luggage compartment lid is closed, the associated timer is reset and a new 20 second time-out will occur. Each closure (or entry point) has its own independent timer. ^ The interior scanning system is not armed until all doors and the luggage compartment are closed. When armed, opening the doors, opening the hood, interior movement (if the intrusion sensor is armed), or turning the ignition switch from OFF to RUN with an unprogrammed key will activate the alarm. Arming of the system can be cancelled by: ^ unlocking a door using one of the front door unlock switches before 20 seconds have elapsed since the lock command was received. ^ using the keyless entry keypad code. ^ using a keyless entry remote transmitter. ^ unlocking the driver door with a key. ^ turning the ignition switch to RUN with a valid programmed key. The luggage compartment key cylinder will not disarm the perimeter alarm (driver, passenger doors or hood). The luggage compartment alarm and interior scanning system can be temporarily inhibited by using the keyless entry remote transmitter luggage compartment release button or keyless entry keypad to open the luggage compartment or luggage compartment key cylinder to open the luggage compartment. Once the luggage compartment closes, the perimeter alarm systems will immediately start monitoring the luggage compartment and the interior scanning system will be armed. The alarm system will activate if any of the doors, the hood, or the luggage compartment are opened, or air movement is detected in the interior of the vehicle. Any of the following procedures will disarm a triggered system: ^ unlocking the driver door with the key. ^ unlocking the driver door using the keyless entry keypad code. ^ unlocking the driver door by pressing the UNLOCK button of the keyless entry remote transmitter. ^ turning the ignition switch to RUN with a valid programmed key. Panic Alarm The personal security alarm is operated from the keyless entry remote transmitter. Pressing the button marked PANIC on the keyless entry remote transmitter will cause the horns to sound and the high beam headlamps, parking lamps and courtesy lamps to flash for 2.75 minutes. The panic alarm can be activated when the perimeter alarm system is armed or disarmed with the ignition in the OFF position. The system is only disabled when the ignition switch is in the RUN, ACC or START positions. Deactivating a triggered personal security alarm is done by pressing the PANIC button again.

BCM module is common and you want be able to replce it with out a dealer scaner unfortunatley

now the issue with door switch staying open, if the system see a open switch will trigger it , so that will be the first area i look into

what where the fault codes retrieved by dealer

please let me know

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Local Mechanic Recommendations. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Lincoln Mechanic: A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE replied 1 month ago
A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE

Read the section of the factory shop manual below.

Then let me know if the door locks cycle up and down after cycling the key.

A. Penland
A. Penland