Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2016 MKZ, the trunk will no longer close or open with the…

Customer Question
2016 MKZ, the trunk...

2016 MKZ, the trunk will no longer close or open with the key fob or the push button in the car. We changed the battery in the FOB and disconnected the battery to the car and let it set for a few minutes before hooking the battery back up to do a reset on the car and that did not help. We are able to open the trunk by crawling through the backseat and using the Emergency Latch to open the truck. The buttons do not work to open and close the trunk..

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you changed a battery before?

No. The batter charger states the charge is full and no other electronic or start problems noted with the car.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your MKZ yourself? What have you tried so far?

Fixing it myself.We changed the battery in the FOB and disconnected the battery to the car and let it set for a few minutes before hooking the battery back up to do a reset on the car and that did not help. We are able to open the trunk by crawling through the backseat and using the Emergency Latch to open the truck. The buttons do not work to open and close the trunk..

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Lincoln
1/6/2018
Lincoln Mechanic: Steve, Automotive Expert replied 6 months ago
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you

hi, this sounds like a simple failed trunk release. it should be covered by warranty and replaced

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.