Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

1999 Lincoln Towncar, 4.6 engine. Fuel gage will not go to E…

Customer Question
1999 Lincoln Towncar, 4.6...

1999 Lincoln Towncar, 4.6 engine. Fuel gage will not go to E after engine is turned off, otherwise seems to work fine. Goes to F after fill up and gradually goes down as gas is used. Fuel pump has been checked for pressure and shows to pump normally. Car would not start one time and would not fire at all but has started fine ever since.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you ever replaced the fuel pump, or is this the original?

Original, with 100,000 miles on car.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '99 Lincoln?

Town Car

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Town Car yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, I am not a mechanic. It was checked to see if it was pumping properly.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Lincoln
1/5/2018
Lincoln Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 3 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Im still waiting on your reply
No i don't want to talk to you for an additional fee

The website asking you for call not me sorry, not needed here and will cost more mone

the fuel pump has a float at the end of it in the tank , CLICK ON LINK TO VIEW COMPONENTS ,IT WILL BE LABELED #1 ON THE DIAGRAM I SENT YOU

was the fuel pump removed and check the fuel tank level sensor in it

lets start here

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May receive My my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You?Chad Farhat?ASE Certified Technician

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat