Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My 1995 lincoln town car has a issue where none of my

Customer Question
interior lights work and it...
My 1995 lincoln town car has a issue where none of my interior lights work and it pops the fuse in a second when it is replaced is there a place where it can commonly ground out or is there a different issue?
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Lincoln
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/4/2018
Lincoln Mechanic: Mike S., ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago
Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician

Hi, I am Mike, welcome. I'm reviewing your question.

Is this fuse #4 or #15 in the I/P fuse block?

If #15, I see that feeds 3 things, the lighting control module, the daytime running lights module and the starter interrupt relay located behind right side of I/P.

I would disconnect each starting with just removing that starter interrupt relay and see if the fuse stops blowing.

If it's #4, the only one thing it feeds is that lighting control module.

The lighting control module is behind the center of I/P. The daytime running lights module is under upper radiator support.

I'm not talking about my running lights they are just fine it is my interior lights do not work. And it is not the fuse that needs to be replaced
I'm talking about fuse 4
It is not the lcm by the way Because if it was a wwouldn't pop fuses it would just not work is there a place where it can commonly ground out in the system

Why do you think a module cannot pop a fuse?

Did you try disconnecting that lighting control module and see if the fuse #4 in the I/P fuse box still blows or not? If it stops blowing then the module was the problem. If it still blows with the lighting control module disconnected then it has to be a short circuit in the wire feeding it from that #4 fuse.

I did but I got a new one and it still pops the fuse so with deduction I know that it should not be the lcm.
Lincoln Mechanic: Mike S., ASE Certified Technician replied 5 months ago

It is not the lcm is there any places where the interior light assembly's commonly ground out. If you can't understand my question I guess this is a waste of time and money for me. It is not the lcm it is past the lcm as in the interior light assemblies or wire leading from the lcm to the interior lights
Just so you know I am a mechanic as well but my area if military track vehicles so I thought I would ask you a lincoln mechanic and I have done everything you are saying before I came here so if you can not help me just let me know and I will stop hoping you can tell me anything helpful.