Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2011 MKX push button start; after recharging a dead battery,

Customer Question
2011 MKX push button...

2011 MKX push button start; after recharging a dead battery, applied brake & push start button nothing happened. push button without brake applied, nothing happened (should go into assessory mode)

Mechanic's Assistant: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?

Yes and Yes, n battery new 6 months ago. Lock/unlock interior lights and other working

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your MKX yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just charged the dead battery.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Lincoln
1/3/2018
Lincoln Mechanic: A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE replied 7 months ago
A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE

It may still be the battery. Have you tried connecting jumper cables from another vehicle and see if it will start?
If a battery is internally shorted, it will not start the vehicle. The meter will show 12 volts but it is CCA (Cold Cranking Amps) that start the vehicle, whether it is push button start or key start.