Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Cannot open my trunk on my MKZ. Where should I spray it. I…

Customer Question
Hello, Cannot open my...

Hello, Cannot open my trunk on my MKZ

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tried silicone spray or WD-40?

Where should I spray it. I ran it through the carwash thinking it may be frozen

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your MKZ?

2014

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your MKZ yourself? What have you tried so far?

Interior button clicks. FOB does nothing went to button above license and nothing.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No just need to get in there important documents I need for work

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Lincoln
1/3/2018
Lincoln Mechanic: A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE replied 6 months ago
A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE

Is it a Hybrid MKZ or standard MKZ?

Standard
e mail is fine

Have you had a chance to flip the back seat back down to gain access to the trunk?
There is an emergency manual trunk release cable on the passenger side.

ok once I get in and open it. will I be able to use the fob and button to open the trunk in the future when its cold?

Make sure nothing is stuck or blocking the latch or striker. If it is only acting up in cold weather, the latch itself may be the problem. You can try spraying lubricant into the latch to protect it. Most of the parts are plastic.