Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I had a car accident in June and every since the energy on…

Customer Question
I had a car...

I had a car accident in June and every since the energy on my battery drains quickly as if My battery is no good, but it was brought brand new. Then I had an automotive tell me it could be a wiring issue. Something pulling alot of energy on one side from the other

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?

I have yet to try all the fuses

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Lincoln?

2007 MKZ

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your MKZ yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. So far, jumps and jumper packs

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's it

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Lincoln
12/29/2017
Lincoln Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Last but not least if you could please indicate if your looking for advice, or if your working on the vehicle and need assistance with repairs. Ok lets get started!

I would like answers or a solution to the problem stated above, please!
Im not around my car at the moment, and no - I do not wish for a phone call

Ok we need to do a draw test to figure out this problem, do you have a multi meter for testing?

No

ok with out this tool we will not be able to find the problem, can you purchase one?

How much and where do I buy one?

I have to warn you this pretty advanced electrical diagnostics if you want to tackle it they are around 20$ at harborfrieght or any auto parts store, home depot, online will have them here is also a video that will show you what your getting into

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRcj1fQcWwU

I never asked for u to take an extra $17 on top of the $5 I agreed on. The information I received wasn't hardly useful. Besides the fact I never gave consent for the $17. I demand reimbursement - asap!!!

that was actually stated when you signed on for the question and if you want a refund just call customer service.

Enough stated

.

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician