Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2015 MKX. Changed Battery. Now when attempting to start, no…

Customer Question
2015 MKX. Changed...

2015 MKX. Changed Battery. Now when attempting to start, no clicking, no turning over---only series of component fails appear on display.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you changed a battery before?

Many times on older vehicles, with less electronics.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your MKX yourself? What have you tried so far?

Checked fuses on Pos Terminal connection. Appears to be okay.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Lincoln
12/29/2017
Lincoln Mechanic: Christopher Jirak,
 replied 6 months ago
Christopher Jirak

H​ello, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you tonight. let me start with information provided. I would first attempt to uninstall the battery starting with the negative terminal first. (always use start w/the negative.) verify your connections are clean and positive to positive etc. Reconnect the battery positive first then negative cable. Also is the battery new and "known" to be good? if the concern persists I have a few questions. Did this happen prior to battery replacement? what messages are being displayed exactly in the message center? do the dome lights or headlights come on? if so are they bright or dim? is this pushbutton start? if it is push button start you can also try opening the center console and you will find a little cubby attempt putting your key fob in there slot and try starting. I hope this helps if not message me back and I will further assist you, also feel free to rate me if the information helps. thank you.

My name is Donnie. One week ago, I attempted a normal start up---Click, click, click is all I heard. Used my truck for transportation. Next day, I investigated and found heavy corrosion on the Positive Cable & terminal. I removed the Negative, then the Positive, cleaned both cables, terminals, fittings and hardware. Reconnected the Positive, then the Negative. Tried starting again---nothing. Purchased a NEW Interstate Battery and checked fuses on Positive Cable area---good. Today, greased all parts, hooked up the Positive, then the Negative---nothing---not even click, click, click. Searched the internet and found "justanswer" and here we are. Read your instructions, did not disconnect again, since I did it exactly the way you said a few hours ago. Videoed the display to catch all the reaction when start was attempted and can send it to you if you like. Also, I found the "cubby" hole, inserted the key---nothing. Inside lights, bells, all sounds and ***** *****ghts on outside work. Could not find a way to make the headlights work. I have the Roadside Assistance at the ready & they are expecting my call tomorrow morning. I'd love to fix this tonight, as I don't wish to sit at a Dealer all day tomorrow and have to pay an exorbitant fee. Hope you can help!