Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Bought a 2010 Lincoln Town Car from the auction. I used the…

Customer Question
Hello,Bought a 2010 Lincoln Town...
Hello,Bought a 2010 Lincoln Town Car from the auction. I used the OBD II scanner and I got the following codes:P062C
P0720
P0722
U2023
U0100
B1596
B2900
P1000
P1500Can you please help?
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Lincoln
12/25/2017
Lincoln Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 5 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Let me know what would help you best:

A description for each of the codes?

The Ford steps to diagnose them all?

Possible causes?

Hi, if you can, can you please:The Ford steps to diagnose them all?Possible causes?Thank You

OKay, give me about 10 minutes to get all those links up.

Sounds good. Thank you!
Forgot to ask, in case I have to replace the ECM/PCM on my car. How do I know which part number do I need to buy. I found several part numbers, they all look the same but the last 2 digits, examples of the part numbers below:AW1A-12A650-EA
AW1A-12A650-DB
AW1A-12A650-EB
AW1A-12A650-AA
AW1A-12A650-AB
AW1A-12A650-DA

P062C https://www.dropbox.com/s/jw6yrfl9yokw2rz/062c.pdf?dl=0
P0720 https://www.dropbox.com/s/jwpnwyp1vqiwund/072015000722.pdf?dl=0
P0722 https://www.dropbox.com/s/jwpnwyp1vqiwund/072015000722.pdf?dl=0
U2023 Diagnose non U codes first
U0100 https://www.dropbox.com/s/pn116ad3uy5ota6/u0100.pdf?dl=0
B1596 https://www.dropbox.com/s/0taeij7e2ppjdww/1596.pdf?dl=0
B2900 https://www.dropbox.com/s/qdpbyoov1frphez/2900.pdf?dl=0
P1000 Means the battery was recently dead or disconnected or codes were recently cleared.
P1500 https://www.dropbox.com/s/jwpnwyp1vqiwund/072015000722.pdf?dl=0

The dealer would need to look up the PCM you would need, only there computer at the parts counter can look up that specific info.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5-star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Chris, are those links specific for a 2010 town car?For the PCM, is the dealer the only way to find out what PCM do I need?Is there any chance that all those codes are related to the PCM/ECM?
nOT SURE i UNDERSTAND THIS "U2023 Diagnose non U codes first"
Not sure I understand this "U2023 Diagnose non U codes first"

Yes, they are.

Yes, a call to the dealer with your VIN# ***** ***** only way. I can not even find out with my Ford tech login, the parts guys have to look it up.

Yes, there is a possibility the PCM is to blame for all but that is an 800$ guess.

The steps for U2023 says diagnose all other codes first then rescan once the repairs are done to see if this code comes back. U codes are module to module communication concerns.

For ECM, what do you think about this website? www.fs1inc.com Looks like I could get a ECM for about $150, would that be a good idea?

I have had to much bad luck with aftermarket parts, especially electronics. So I do not even bother with them. Your guess on that website is as good as mine. Once installed you will need an IDS scan tool to program it to the vehicle as well as program the keys to the PCM.

Bed time for me.

Chris

When you say "Once installed you will need an IDS scan tool to program it to the vehicle" that means I will have to PROGRAMM/FLASHE IT to my VIN number?For the Keys, currently I have 1 set of Keys. If I plan on installing a new ECM/PCM should I get a second set of keys now or wait until I install the new ECM/PCM?Thank for all your answers by the way. I will rate you accordingly. +++++
How do I perform the PCM Self Test?
Are you still online Chris?

You will have to program the PCM to be compatible with your other modules, to the most recent release from Ford so it has all the updates, and most come blank with no program in them.

Once the PCM is installed the car will not start until 2 or more PATS keys are programmed to it.

To perform a PCM self test you check for codes with a scan tool just like you did prior.

Lincoln Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 4 months ago

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician