Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

CHECK ENGINE LIGHT WONT GO OUT AND THE ECM READER HAS NO…

Customer Question
CHECK ENGINE LIGHT WONT...

CHECK ENGINE LIGHT WONT GO OUT AND THE ECM READER HAS NO POWER

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

CONSISTENT cant get any readings

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Lincoln?

2006 Lincoln Town Car

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Town Car yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes if I can have not tried anything yet

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes need to get readings so I can get my car inspected in NJ

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Lincoln
12/22/2017
Lincoln Mechanic: Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician replied 7 months ago
Jaybird61
Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician

Hi, My name is Jay

Have you checked fuse number 16 in the interior fuse box to see if it is blown? If it is then you need to check whatever was in cigar lighter socket since it may have blown the fuse. The data link power and the cigar lighter shaft fuse 16.

Here is diagram of interior fuse box if you need it to find fuse 16.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w2d2wjhu52jsdn8/2006%20linc%20towncar%20int%20fuse%20box.pdf?dl=0

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Lincoln Mechanic: Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician replied 6 months ago

If you have no other questions for me then please enter a 5 star rating so I get credit for assisting you and can then close out question for you. Thanks and Happy Holidays.