Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Lincoln

How to remove controls from driver's side door on 2006 town…

Customer Question
How to remove controls...

How to remove controls from driver's side door on 2006 town car

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Town Car yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. Nothing so far.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Driver's side window will not go up. It did motor down. Figure it's the control because it was going up after much pressing the switch. got worse now will not go up at all.

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

190 K +, Auto

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Lincoln
12/21/2017
Lincoln Mechanic: Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 months ago
Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

To remove the driver door control switch you are going to take a small flat blade screwdriver and then insert the screwdriver into the backside end to press and release the retaining clip. While doing so you are going to want to gently lift it so you have access to the clips on the side as well Once they are released it will pull back and out. I have enclosed a video in the link below which will walk you through the removal steps as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISe_HxK_1OU

Ronnie
Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician