Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have power to the headlight pugs but the lights won't work…

Customer Question
I have power to...

I have power to the headlight pugs but the lights won't work when plugged into the socket

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Lincoln?

2003 town car

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Town Car yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes tried connecting the lights with a jumper wire from the car side socket to the headlights. they work, then However, when plugged directly into the socket, nothing

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Lincoln
12/20/2017
Lincoln Mechanic: Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago
Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Do you have power on both the low beam and high beam circuits at both headlamps with these lights turned on?

i should also mention that the LCM has been rebuilt since this problem first occurred
i do have power to both

Okay if you have power to both then the next steps would be to check for ground at both sides. The ground wire is the black wire that grounds both side and both circuits. Have you checked the grounds?

the grounds are solid
i can jump from ground to ground and hot to hot and make the lights work.. However, when I try plugging them in as per normal, no dice

Well if you have power and ground at the sockets and good bulbs they should light up. Have you tested the ground to be sure they are grounding .in the socket?

i think we've got it now.. needed a good contact cleaning.. thanks anyway

That's about the only thing that makes sense. Has to be a connection issue if you have power and ground at the socket.