Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 98 town car with 175000 i want to replace The

Customer Question
I have a 98 town...
I have a 98 town car with 175000 i want to replace
The engine. I want the car to go faster
Any idea s on how i can go about it?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Lincoln
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/20/2017
Lincoln Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

OK are you going back with the stock motor? how much faster do you want to go? whats your budget?

I have a budget of*****fast
Im not sure about the engine.

that car has the 4.6 right?

what happen to the old engine can you reuse the block?

it is a Cartier. 4.6 there nothing wrong
With engine

ok good so you have a solid foundation, you can take it to a machine shop and go .020 or .040 over with better rods and pistons, upgraded crank and heads with good intake for flow, upgrades injectors, plenty of aftermarket support for that, if you do all the work yourself you could squeeze a supercharger in there for 4000, have a nice fun streetable car with about 450 hp

Any good machine shop in Chicago
You know.

Not that I know of im based in the south, I like it a little warmer

Im looking for a machine shop in Chicago
That can get my town car 98 4.6
400 horses that won't cost a ton of money
Can i fit 4v 4.6 engine in my town car 98

I though you said that was the stock engine?

Lincoln Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago

?