Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I push the start button press on the brake and it will not…

Customer Question
I push the start...

I push the start button press on the brake and it will not start I can put the car in other gears but it just won't start and had it checked they keep saying they can't find what's wrong if possible I have a video and I can show you what's what it is doing

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?

My car is a 2009 I have 87 thousand miles where is the brake switch

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '09 Lincoln?

I'm sorry MKS

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your MKS yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I'm not doing anything to it every time I take it to the shop or attempt to take it to the shop it starts LOL where is the brake switch

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes the brake switch where is it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Lincoln
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/19/2017
Lincoln Mechanic: Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician replied 7 months ago
Jaybird61
Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician

Hi, My name is Jay

The brake switch is under drivers side of dash above brake pedal on pedal bracket. It may not be working intermittently.

Is it something I can do or need to take to a professional

It is very easy to change and here is directions. Make sure not to press the brake pedal when installing the new switch. Follow the directions and read all notes.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g0hfe2xyx5uhm95/2009%20linc%20mks%20brake%20switch.pdf?dl=0

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Did you have any other questions for me?

Good advice thanks

Your welcome. Please enter a 5 star rating so i can get credit for assisting you. Thanks.

Can you please enter a 5 star rating so I can get credit for assisting you and can then close out question. Thanks you and have a Happy Holiday.

Lincoln Mechanic: Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician replied 6 months ago

If you have no other questions for me then please enter a 5 star rating so I get credit for assisting you and can then close out question for you. Thanks and Happy Holidays.