Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

When it gets colgo downd the air shock. Just started. 2005,

Customer Question
When it gets colgo...

When it gets colgo downd the air shock

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? How many miles are on the car?

Just started

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Lincoln?

2005, 188000 miles

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just started to see what the problem is

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Its only the front and when the temp during the day goes up it seems to be fine,

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Lincoln
When My 2005 Navigator sits over night and its cold outside the shocks go down in the front. It just stared.
12/18/2017
Lincoln Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 4 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

This concern normally points to the airbags are leaking or the solenoid on one or both of the airbags is bad and vented the compressed air stored inside. A soap water spray bottle is the best way to find such leaks.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5-star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Lincoln Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 3 months ago

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris

It only does it when it gets cold the bags are not leaking

Thanks for checking the airbags for leaks. That leaves the solenoids on the top of the bags to blame.

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician