Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Without warning I stared my 2006 Lincoln Town car after a…

Customer Question
Without warning I stared...

Without warning I stared my 2006 Lincoln Town car after a lunch out, and its grinding at low speeds whenever turning either direction.

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

Just started after lunch out with my wife. didn't make any sounds when going...only went one mile.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Town Car yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nope...I can put gas in the car.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Should I have AAA bring it to a repair shop. There's a good reliable one about eight miles from me

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Lincoln
12/17/2017
Lincoln Mechanic: roybelding, Master Tech/Trainer replied 4 months ago
roybelding
roybelding, Master Tech/Trainer

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

ok

is the noise engine related such as the noise is there when you are stopped and engine revving up??

is the noise only when in motion??

Roy

can it be my power steering fluid? God only knows when its been checked. Car has 72,000 original miles.
never heard any noise before leaving lunch one mile from my house. there was no noise driving to lunch.
just answer the question. Should I have AAA tow the car to my mechanic about eight miles from here. I'm concerned about driving the car to them
or try the fluid lever first?

yes it can be the power steering. thats why I asked if it does it without the engine running

yes, to play it safe have it taken to your mechanic

Roy

Roy

good question. I can see if it does it without the engine running. ?
Give me your phone number again...I'll see if the noise is only when I run the car

no, with the engine running but not moving

Roy

any update???

Please take a moment and rate my service 3 stars or better. that is the only way the site will pay me for my efforts.

Roy

how did you make out??

roybelding
roybelding
roybelding, Master Tech/Trainer