Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

It's saying check charging system. I put a new battery in…

Customer Question
It's saying check charging...

It's saying check charging system. I put a new battery in and a new alternator. It just starting doing it again where it cuts off

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

The battery is brand new

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Lincoln?

2003 Lincoln aviator

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Aviator yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just the changing of the alternator and the battery

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that's it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Lincoln
12/17/2017
Lincoln Mechanic: roybelding, Master Tech/Trainer replied 7 months ago
roybelding
roybelding, Master Tech/Trainer

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

ok

do you have a voltmeter to do some checks???

Roy

ok, check the battery voltage with engine off first. then check it with the engine running. let me know both readings.

Roy

Where and what needs to be checked
I'm not at the car the car is a client's

I stated where and when in my last response. the checks ar done at the battery

do the checks when you can and let me know the results. need the voltage readings as a start

Roy

OK

let me know