Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Its not charging. 1981lincolin iv it's a DaVinci series.

Customer Question
Its not charging Mechanic's...

Its not charging

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Lincoln?

1981lincolin mark iv it's a DaVinci series

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Lincoln?

1981

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I found out that on the start solenoid there were 6 wires hooked up to it is that right so I took one off witch was the green one goes into two wires y/w, Orange/ White that goes to the alternator I put it on the battery positive side

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?

No I don't have the wire diagram on that car

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yeah if you could help me I don't have the finances to pay sorry hoping help

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Lincoln
12/15/2017
Lincoln Mechanic: Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician replied 4 months ago
Jaybird61
Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician

Hi, My name is Jay

On the start relay you should have three terminals. The small terminal should only have the small start signal wire. The side that large cable that runs down to starter should be only wire on that side of solenoid. This is large black cable. For the other side you should have all fuse link wires and large positive red cable from battery connected. If you replaced alternator and voltage regulator then it should start charging. Let me know? Here is wire diagram for this vehicle.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vrdl3jayyxaqmlj/1981%20linc%20mark%20VI%20charging%20system.pdf?dl=0

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Jaybird61
Jaybird61