Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Lincoln

I was recently rear ended in an accident after afterwards my…

Customer Question
I was recently rear...

I was recently rear ended in an accident after afterwards my compressor would not stop running until it burnt out. What is in the rear end suspension that can break to cause the height adjustment sensors not to work?

Mechanic's Assistant: How has the ride been lately? Have you noticed any fluid under the car?

No I didn't notice but it could have possibly

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Lincoln?

2008 Navigator

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Navigator yourself? What have you tried so far?

A mechanic is. I am just trying to figure out what could have been damaged that could cause this?

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Lincoln
12/14/2017
Lincoln Mechanic: Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 months ago
Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

How much damage was done when it was rear-ended?

It knocked the bumper off the mounts

You have two right hight sensors on the rear, one on the right side and on on the left side which could have damaged so these need to be looked at . I would also check the air supply lines to the rear airbags, if they where damaged that would cause a leak and affect the compressor as well. The other thing that your mechanic will want to do is to scan the suspension system and see if there are any fault codes set. Any damaged components should cause the system to set a fault code for it.

No thanks. I paid a few bucks to get a simple answer and now it wants another $17 & $26 to take your call. No thank you

You're not required to accept any offers, those are not from me but from the site. My response is posted above.

Ronnie
Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician