Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

02 TC Limo sits and I jump it every three months, for 3

Customer Question
Chris, 02 TC Limo sits...
Chris, 02 TC Limo sits and I jump it every three months, for 3 years runs great. This time battery dead, I replaced and alarm sounded. Interior lights wont go off and engine turns over but wont run. I'm thinking anti-theft NOT fuel pump but dont know even if ignition/key has a chip/diode.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Lincoln
Tried key in door lock multiple times, key in ignition on/off multiple times. Disconnect/reconnect battery multiple times. Dash lights "DOOR OPEN": No anti-theft message but dash "red" light flashes continuously EXCEPT for when turning over engine, then resumes.
Hood open and closed during this... key note, interior lights (above center, lower door panel) do not dim and will not turn off.
Opened and shut all doors and trunk multiple times and shot liquid into latches, still no go.
12/14/2017
Lincoln Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 7 months ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you, Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you.

if the red light goes out when cranking the engine then it is not the PATS system keeping not from starting.

turn the key on and listen for the fuel pump running for a few seconds.

hows it going?