Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2005 Lincoln towncar jerks while driving. Had in the garage…

Customer Question
2005 Lincoln towncar jerks...

2005 Lincoln towncar jerks while driving. Had in the garage yesterday put it on checker, nothing showed up. What can this be. Mechanic said spark plugs look good, cleaned a couple of things on it. Still having this jerking while driving.

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? When was the last time the plugs were changed?

224,000 miles. And yes the spark plugs were changed not too long ago. The mechanic checked them yesterday and they were good. Put on the computer, nothing showed up. Will the fuel pump cause this, and will the fuel pump make a noise in the rear?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '05 Lincoln?

Town Car

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Town Car yourself? What have you tried so far?

No we are not doing anything to it. We took it to our mechanic that has always taken care of it in the past. He said he could not find anything wrong. It acts like it isn't getting gas for a couple of seconds.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, just hope to get an answer to our problem.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Lincoln
12/13/2017
Lincoln Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 7 months ago
Gunvir Singh

Hello, let me review your request. Please stand by.

Lincoln Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 7 months ago

Do you feel the engine jerking when the vehicle is staionary, in motion or both?