Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Lincoln

I acids fly reverses the jumper calves when I was charging…

Customer Question
I acids fly reverses...

I acids fly reverses the jumper calves when I was charging my waives ford. Now my Lincoln doesn't start. Is it possibly a fuse?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

The terminals are not corrodedd

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2013 Lincoln mkz

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your MKZ yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing I have been liooking up possible causes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Lights go on but nothing happens when I push the start button

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Lincoln
12/12/2017
Lincoln Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 2 months ago
Pete, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If you reversed the battery cables or jumper cables what I have seen occur in several cases before unfortunately is this shorts out computers/control units in your vehicle damaging them with the affected computers needing replaced in your computer.

What you need to do first here is check ALL fuses in ALL fuse panels for any blown fuses.If any are found to be blown then the affected fuses will need to be replaced.

If none are found blown disconnect the battery for about 5 minutes then reconnect it and see if it then operates as this sometimes resets the electronics to work properly again.

If this does not work then, unfortunately, you will need to have the fault codes read out/checked to see what codes are set then those codes diagnosed to then locate and repair the fault.The compatible scan tool or computer that needs to be plugged into your vehicle to read out these codes is also used to monitor the computers to locate one or more that is faulty and is not communicating needing replaced.

I in some cases have had to replace up to 7 damaged computers for an incorrect battery hook up or incorrect jump start.You would have to have this looked into further if all fuses are good and if the reset does not work.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Technician