Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Recently driving at highway speeds and the engine plus other…

Customer Question
Recently driving at highway...

Recently driving at highway speeds and the engine plus other lights appeared and the car coasted to a stop. Thanks no accidents occurred.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

On the dash board, the symbol of the engine, abs and other lights appeared'

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

A 2008 Lincoln XKZ. I had the car tolled to local dealer and his test indicate code p1674 control module software corruption (pcm)

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your MKZ yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, took to the dealer this morning. the service pro did not give me a good feeling as to what possible problems could exist. I'm trying to understand the scope of my situation

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I've got a series of error codes such as p0607,p1000,p1674, and p2105

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Lincoln
12/11/2017
Lincoln Mechanic: Mike V., Technician replied 8 months ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Technician

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

The P0607 and P1674 point to an issue with the engine control module. The P1000 and the P2105 codes are really a result of the other codes. I suspect you will need a new ecm to resolve the issue. It will have to be programmed by the dealer when it's installed so all your keys and so forth will work to start the car.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, so please rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings.
Thank you so much!