Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

The push ignition on my 2017 mkz is not staring the vehicle.

Customer Question
The push ignition on...

The push ignition on my 2017 mkz is not staring the vehicle

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery lately?

Battery is fine, brake lights work bright

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your MKZ yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing much, just pressing the break as usual, lights on the push button shifter blink and go out as I push on the brakes, brakes won't pus all the way down as usual

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Thats all

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Lincoln
12/11/2017
Lincoln Mechanic: Edward, Service Technician replied 7 months ago
Edward
Edward, Service Technician

Hello and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do all I can to help.

What is the approximate mileage on the vehicle at this time? thank you.

17,600

Alright, Can you get the transmission in neutral and try it?

If that doesn't work, it is likely a fault in the fob itself, if you have another fob close by, I would recommend putting it in the vehicle and seeing if it started then, If that makes no difference, then the keyless receiver will need to be scanned for codes to see where the fault is and whether or not the receiver is recognizing the fobs. Being the vehicle is new and lower mileage I recommend calling Lincoln roadside assistance and letting them repair it under 3/36 factory warranty. Their number is 1-***-***-****.

Let us know if you have any further questions. Thank you!