Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

ALL KINDS OF SHIT. 09 MKS. AND.... OK IT STARTED OUT WITH…

Customer Question
ALL KINDS OF SHIT ...

ALL KINDS OF SHIT

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Lincoln?

09 MKS

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your MKS yourself? What have you tried so far?

YES AND.... OK IT STARTED OUT WITH JUST THE PHONE BUTTON NOT WORKING AT ALL ...SAYS CONNECTION ERROR SEE DEALER I CANT HOOK MY PHONE UP GOT NO USB NO LINE IN NO CD/DVD...I DO RESEARCH AND TRY DISCONNECTIONG BATTERY AND PULLING SYNC FUSE AND ALL THAT WELL.... NOW I HAVE ABOUT 10 CODES FROMTHE PCM NOT COMMUNICATING WITH VSS, CRUISE CONTROL, HEADLAMPS, ...ETC

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuse?

YES EVERYTHING POWERS ON RADIO WORKS AND JUKEBOX WORKS

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

THE WRENCH LIGHT IS ON BUT CHECK ENGINE IS OFF.. TRACTION CONTROL DOESNT WORK..LIGHT IS ON..ABS LIGHT IS ON

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Lincoln
P1000, P1464, U0104, U1029, U210B... (OK) [17:01:20.859] Key On Engine Off On Demand Self-Test has been started
(WARN) [17:01:33.346] Test completed, found DTCs: P1000, U210B
(OK) [17:08:04.400] Key On Engine Running On Demand Self-Test has been started
(WARN) [17:09:40.311] Test completed, found DTCs: P1000, P1464, U0104, U1029, U210B
===DTC P1000===
Code: P1000 - On-Board Diagnostic (OBD) Systems Readiness Test Not Complete
heres a self test
thought you was ready to help? 8 min answer?
12/4/2017
Lincoln Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 4 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

hey how are you ,I will try to assist on this issue

the U0104 is our main dtc, the rest are collateral fault codes cause by the no communications with the other modules

what we need a is a ford scaner or equivalent to pull up more accurate dtc then the self test

with that said , lets try a master rest first

Master reset Procedure

1- Disconnect Battery Cables ( Negative & Positive Cables )you can use any electrical wire as an extension if battery cables don't reach .

2- Hold cables Together for 60 secs ,then let go

3- Wait 30 minutes

4- Make sure all doors are closed

5- Reconnect battery Cables

6- Lock & unlock the vehicles using the key from driver door side (if you have a key fob with no blade key, just lock & unlock using the key fob buttons)

7- Enter the vehicle and attempt to start

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

ok I'm about to go do that.. my dad is ase certified also but I cant contact him..and I used to do diagnostic work but this Lincoln kickin my ass.. the whole reason I started messing with the car battery was dead one morning, when I jumped it off I lost sync for my phone and usb. so i disconnected battery for an hour hoping for a reset.. didn't work.so i startedpulling fuses.. nav and sync and radio.. then all of a sudden every light on instrument panel is on except mil and airbag..i haven't tried touching the cables together yet so I'm gonna try that while you look at these files I'm sending now

ok sounds good, I will try to help you

let me know if reset works

I'm not going to be able to try the master reset until 4pm ..i sent you more diagnostic info with more codes.. maybe theres something more important than the u0104 code..?
Thank you for Extra Info , I do not see any more important Thant the u0104 , let me know when you do reset and we go from there

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat