Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

The check advance track light is illuminated. the the

Customer Question
The check advance track...

The check advance track light is illuminated. the the advancetrac indicator is also on.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Info center has the check advance trac message

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Lincoln?

2003 navigator

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Navigator yourself? What have you tried so far?

Will fix it myself. Just not sure where to start

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

My code reader does not cover this system

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Lincoln
I have changed all four wheel bearing assemblies along with the sensors. The advanceTrac message was on before that.
Truck has 232K miles on it
I can cancel the warning message and it will return shortly.
The advancetrac indicator stays on when the truck is running.
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/2/2017
Lincoln Mechanic: camerontech, Auto Mechanic replied 7 months ago
camerontech
camerontech, Auto Mechanic

hi there

im cam, a licenced diagnostic tech

the only way to approach this is to have it scanned with compatable scan tool to retrieve the code as it could be anything the computer doesnt like .

since your reader does not support this, i would pop by a larger parts store as most will scan your car for free.

once you have the trouble code i can help you in the right direction of repairing your vehicle!

let me know how you make out!

cam

Parts Store readers are much less capible than mine. What I need to know is what are the most likely problems? I am sure with the age and miles on it, plenty of thinks could benefit from service, so if I am wrong, the item may benefit from some service anyway.

sure no problem

please give me a moment and ill check what is the most common issues with this, other than the wheel bearings.

cam

I owned an auto electical shop for 17 years and was an ASE certified auto technition and an ASE Master Truck Technition. Been working on vehicles most of my life. Just do not own the proper code reader for the AdvanceTrac system.

no problem

i enjoy talking with other techs. 1/2 my questions based are with other techs nightmares.

looking up avdance trac problems on these....
9/10 issues reported (other then speed sensors) are all the abs control module

It seems its the number one failed parts with the system

there are a few steering angle sensor issues but the majority are the abs module as the main culprit

I would recommend inspecting the connector for corrosion and connection issues and the powers and grounds.
but it looks like your going to be into a brake module

cam

hi there

please dont forget to rate me as it is how i am paid by just answer!

thanks!