Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

The door opening lever on the drivers door is pulling away…

Customer Question
The door opening lever...

The door opening lever on the drivers door is pulling away from the door and it won’t open. Looks like the lever and panel is coming apart. I could use a tip on how to remove the panel completely so I can re-fastened it with proper hardware. Any ideas?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Lincoln?

Town car 2009.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Town Car yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I will attempt this myself. oops it’s a 2005. I have 2.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Would a service manual provide disassembly instructions for this type of repair.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Lincoln
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/1/2017
Lincoln Mechanic: Mike V., Technician replied 7 months ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Technician

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

HERE is a link for the procedure to remove the door panel.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, so please rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings.
Thank you so much!

Do you need more help with this?

I did see an attached diagram but my 2005 lincoln town car did not have screws in all the locations shown, particularly on the bottom half of the panel. I fiddled around with it, broke several OEM plastic fasteners but in the end was able to put it back together. Its not "original" but is functioning adequately. I kind of "MacGyvered" it and its fine.
Not my usual approach but it will do for this old darling.Thanks.

Kind of surprised Alldata was off base with the info they are usually right on.

Glad you were able to get it repaired.