Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My Lincoln revs down and slows down while I'm trying to

Customer Question
My Lincoln revs down...

My Lincoln revs down and slows down while I'm trying to accelerate and says trac active

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the fuel filters?

Its a 2001 and transmission is original and no I havent

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '01 Lincoln?

Started doing it after front psss tire was acting up and not all lugs were on it bc of mechanic ignorance. It's a town car signature executive series

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Town Car yourself? What have you tried so far?

Wanting to fix myself but not very knowledgeable

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's it I believe

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Lincoln
12/1/2017
Lincoln Mechanic: StLouisWayne, Shop Owner replied 7 months ago
StLouisWayne
StLouisWayne, Shop Owner

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

Without being able to actually check the vehicle just going on what you are saying it sounds like you probably have a bad wheel speed sensor making the traction control think one of the wheels is spinning or slipping.

I assume you dont have a scan tool with live ABS data... if so you can get in and check the wheel speed sensor readings and replace the bad one.

Many times the wheel bearing goes bad and that causes the speed sensor to go bad so if you dont have a scan tool try jacking up the wheels and shaking them down to see if one of the wheel bearings is loose. If so replace it.. it will come with a new sensor.

Let me know if you need anything further. If not please be sure to rate my service so I get credit for helping you today.

Thanks.